Raetihi Gut Buster Race Rules
- All competitors are required to have a sufficient level of skill and fitness for the race that they are entering.
- You must register and have your compulsory gear checked before you can compete in the Raetihi Gutbuster. You must attend the race safety briefing held before each event.
- Competitors not carrying the compulsory gear and transponder may be disqualified and withdrawn from the event.
- You must carry the compulsory gear with you at all times during the event. You will be subjected to spot checks by race officials throughout the race.
- You must wear the transponder provided to you at registration at all times during the event.
- Your race number must be attached to the front of your body or bike. Your number must be clearly visible at all times so that it can be recorded at all checkpoints. Failure to do this may lead to exclusion from the results.
- You must keep to the marked track at all times and you must not cut corners - failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification.
- If you encounter a fellow participant who is injured or in serious difficulty, it is your obligation to provide assistance and/or support until race officials can be notified and suitable assistance is available.
- The use of pacers is not permitted.
- Obey the instructions given by event staff.
- Do not go out on the course before the race starts or after the race ends.
- If you break down or get injured, either walk on to the next Marshal if you can or stay on the marked course and wait for event staff who will recover you.
- No smoking on the course.
- Support crews are not allowed onto the event course, except where designated by Event Management.
- You must follow the instructions of the race officials at all times.
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to withdraw competitors from the event at any time for their own safety.
- If you are unable to finish the event, you must inform the nearest checkpoint of your decision to withdraw.
- This is a zero-waste event. Bring out all your rubbish with you.